A rare game memorabilia auction has been created in order to raise funds for the Shadow of Mordor producer Michael Forgey’s family.
On May 20, 2015 Michael Forgey (Mike 4G) was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare and highly aggressive form of cancer; and after fighting for 10 months against this inoperable form of cancer, he passed away on March 3, 2016.
Michael had a hand in some of today’s most beloved series. Outside of Shadow of Mordor, he played a role in the creation of the first two Gears of War as well as Fable. He was incredibly loved within the industry, and his friends and colleagues have begun an eBay auction with several rare and one-of-a-kind items on the table. To name a few of the items:
- A PlayStaion 4 with the Shadow of Mordor logo and signed by the development team.
- A Shadow of Mordor Nascar Hood
- A glacier white PS4 signed by the Destiny developers at Bungie.
- Signed copies of Mortal Kombat X by series creator Ed Boon
- The Batman Arkham Knight Collector’s Edition, PS4, signed by Jim Lee and Geoff Johns
You can view the full list of items on the auction page here.
All proceeds from the auction will go to Forgey’s wife, April, and their three kids. Michael Forgey definitely made an impact in all our lives, so be sure to send your love and support.